Ottawa IT Career – Senior Technician
Fuelled Networks, your Ottawa IT Support professionals is currently searching for a new senior Ottawa IT Consultant and Technician to join our team.
The Senior Technician is required to coordinate efforts with end user and onsite personnel to effectively repair and support and maintain client networks including all servers, computers, and software and network equipment. This person must have the ability to work independently with limited supervision. This position requires strong customer and communication skills.
Senior Technicians maintain records of repairs and technical assistance rendered in ConnectWise and conduct follow-up calls to ensure satisfaction with service. Technicians have to be able to work well under pressure and as part of a team. You should also be logical, practical and accurate, and prepared to continue learning the latest industry technology.
To join our team, read the details below. If you feel you can add value to our team and our clients email your CV to email@example.com.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides quality customer service and support for designated equipment
- Escalates problems to appropriate next level of support when necessary
- Ensures all time reporting and other required reports are accurate and submitted on time
- Meets and/or exceeds various service levels as established by assignment (5-8 calls per day, ETA’s, on-time response, administrative call closure, customer satisfaction.)
- Responsible for ensuring on-going maintenance and development of positive customer relationships with all business partners and customers
- Must be punctual and available for multiple site support
- Performs special projects as assigned
- Installs, configures, diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, replaces and repairs computers, including hardware, software, network connections, peripheral equipment and related equipment.
- Assists with advanced network and server administration, installation and maintenance including back-up and restore processes, electronic mail, Internet/Intranet access and related work
- Installation and integration of small projects
- Maintenance and support of VOIP telephone equipment, Security Equipment (SonicWALL) and Fuelled Networks supported applications
- Assists in the implementation, documentation, and training on the use and application of hardware and software
- Assists in the development of Fuelled Networks Standards and Processes
- Assists in the development of communication protocols, computer related procedures manuals, and other related materials
- Some overtime and after hours work may be required
- Responsible for pager duty and after hours support of Service Clients – rotational schedule
- Reliable transportation is required
- Flexible work schedule between 7am and 6pm *With some additional flexibility with overtime and on-call
- Availability to work before and after business hours and weekends with little or no notice
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/BEHAVIOURS
- 5Years industry work experience as field technician
- Experienced with: Server, Desktop, Laptop and Printer hardware support
- Windows XP/Vista/7 Workstation, Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server. Exchange 2003/2007/2010. TCP/IP protocol suite and Ethernet networks
- Blackberry Support, Printer Support and Maintenance
- Must be familiar with dealing with Manufactures Help Desk
- Demonstrates a calm rational and organized approach to tasks while under pressure
- Reliable transportation required
- Proficiency in desktop support of clients’ individual PCs
- Strong customer communications skills
- Technology Diploma from College or University * Required
- CompTIA Industry certification
- CompTIA A+ Certification (Hardware & Software) *Required
- CompTIA Network+ Certified *Required
- CompTIA PDI+ *Require
- MCITP: Server Administrator 2008 *Required
- Exam 70-640 TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration
- Exam 70-642 TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure Configuration
- Exam 70-646 Pro: Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator
- MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7
- Exam 70-680 TS: Windows 7 Configuration
- Exam 70-686 Pro: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Administrator
- MCTS: Exchange 2010 Configuration
- Exam 70-662 TS: Exchange Server 2010 Configuration
- MCTS: Windows Server Virtualization Configuration
- Exam 70-652 TS: Windows Server Virtualization, Configuration
- HP Warranty Certified
- HP: APS LaserJet
- HP: DWN (Desktop, Workstation, Notebook)
- HP Server Plus
- HP Printer Specific certifications – dependant on printers sold
- SonicWall Master CSSA
- SonicWALL CSSA – Network Security Essentials Administrator *Required
- Secure Wireless Administrator
- Secure Remote Access Administrator
- Lenovo Warranty Certification
- ShoreTel VOIP Certification
- TC101 – Implementing the ShoreTel IP System
- TC104 – Advanced System and Troubleshooting
- TalkSwitch Certification
- Citrix Certifications
- CCAA for Citrix XenApp 5 for Windows Server 2008
- CCA for Citrix XenDesktop 3
- IBM System X Technical Certification
- IBM Certified Specialist – System x Technical Principles V9
- IBM Certified System Expert – System x BladeCenter Technical Support V5
- Blackberry Certification
- Blackberry Certified Support Specialist
- Blackberry Certified Server Support Specialist
- ITILV3 Foundation
- VTSP – VMWare Technical Sales Professional
- VCP – VMWare Certified Professional
- Successfully train on all HCS internal user systems: ConnectWise, Monitoring Systems
- Submission of timesheet and expenses weekly/daily
- Accountable for minimum of 40 hours per week – 80% Billable
- Communicate clearly and effectively to clients
- Produces customer sign off of all completed calls
- Takes full responsibility for the quality and timeliness of own work
- Manages own time effectively to respond to user requests in a timely fashion and provides users with agreed levels of service
- Use ConnectWise appropriately, while tracking all required information as per HCS process
- Maintain minimum billable time at 80% (30 hours per week per resource)
- Achieves 100% customer satisfaction
- Follow the escalation process
- Practice and follow the Policy and Procedure Manual
We appreciate all expressions of interest, however, as a practical matter, only select candidates whose backgrounds best match our requirementswill be contacted. All resumes are retained and treated confidentially for consideration against future opportunities.
We make YOUR technology work. Understanding the needs of your Ottawa business and how the correct information technology solution enables your team to be more efficient, communicate with your clients and ensure your business runs without any challenges is our focus. Our team is here to serve you.
Located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Fuelled Networks services the Ottawa Small Business market and Ottawa corporations with quality and service-first Ottawa Computer Support and Network Administration.
We ensure your Microsoft Windows networks are up and running. Your information is secure and protected from loss. We ensure your business is safe and secure from the threats that exist online today plus you can rest assured knowing that when you need to send that critical email from your Blackberry, you can.
When other Ottawa network support companies put you on hold, Fuelled Networks puts you first. Our world-class customer service and unique partnership approach are a step above the rest, with proactive, personalized network solutions that minimize downtime and maximize productivity.
Fuelled Networks is ready with the support and expertise to keep you focused on running your business.
Submit Your Resume
The sales department is prompt and efficient and has a high level of expertise in quoting and installation procedures. We have enjoyed our relationship with Fuelled Networks over the years and feel confident in their ability to support our system."
O.B. Villeneuve Insurance